We have a detailed review for Dyson AM06 tower fan, read it and make the best decision.
Specs and Features
- Air Multiplier technologyAir is accelerated through an annular aperture, drawing in surrounding air to project a high-velocity cooling airflow. No blades. No choppy air.
- Remote control, Choose from 10 precise airflow settings. Curved and magnetized to store neatly on the machine.
- 75% quieter, Streamlined air channels for reduced airflow turbulence make AM06 75% quieter than AM01.
- Sleep timer, Fan can be programmed to turn off after preset intervals ranging from 15 minutes to 9 hours
- Energy efficient, Engineered to create powerful airflow using less energy than AM01.
- 2 year parts & labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller.
I was very reluctant to spend almost 300 bucks for a fan. I wanted one for those days when the A/C could use a bit of auxiliary assistance. I saw others that looked comparable for half the price, but they all mentioned “noise.” My wife owns a Dyson sweeper that she is crazy about, and the reviews I read, said the Dyson fan was quiet. I thought I would take a chance, and go with the top end.
Out of the box, I was elated. You just snap 2 ends together. The remote is also amazing. It is magnetized to store on the fan, and has a rubberized finish. The controls are simple, and has 10 speeds. The fan tilts from the base, either up or down, and is so quiet, you hear no noise till #5. Ten is a soft “car type wind noise” yet manages to create incredible air movement. I leave it on 1 or 2 most of the time and it feels just like you have a window open. The air seems to come out concentrated in the center of the unit, then fans out like a flashlight beam. A lot of thought went into the design of this product.
I have had plenty of fan break on me. The main this is the oscillating feature. It currently is working, but then again I only opened the fan and set it up about 30 minutes ago.
Now a lot of there reviews for Dyson fans always complain about the noise. They must’ve change something with this fan cause to be honest its not that bad. I have a Honeywell TurboForce Fan and the highest setting on this fan is noticeably louder than the Dyson fan on its highest setting. The highest setting on my Dyson fan is the same level of noise as the lowest setting on Honeywell fan. So the be 100% honest, its not that loud. Granted it does make noise, its enough that I can sleep with it on. The remote control for it is also pretty nifty. As of right now, I am considering buying a second one just to keep at my desk at work.
Also side note, when they say 10 inches. They mean the blue part. The full product is about 18.5 inches tall in total.
We hope you can make your decision now!